image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

28.7.13

CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY CUPCAKES


There is this famous cupcake place in Alberta I keep hearing about; I tasted it once and all I can say is; they don’t hold the candle to my cupcakes. For a chocolate and strawberry combination made in heaven, I had a perfectly chocolaty chocolate cupcake recipe. All I had to do was concoct a real strawberry buttercream. The cupcakes were delicious yesterday, but chilling in the fridge overnight … made them fantastic! Jimre is in heaven, I believe he has one more left in the fridge. I guess I will be baking tomorrow.
 
1 batch of Chocolate Chiffon Cupcakes
1 batch of Real Strawberry Buttercream [click on link for recipe]
5 fresh strawberries, quartered
 
Chocolate Chiffon Cupcakes:
 
1 cup cake flour
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 Tbsp sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup hot water
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
5 egg yolks
2/3 cup sugar
4 egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
cooking spray
 
• Bake 18 cupcakes.
• Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
• In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. • In a small bowl, combine the cocoa powder, 2 Tbsp sugar and oil.
• Add the hot water and whisk thoroughly to combine. Set aside.
• Place the egg yolks and sugar into a large mixing bowl and beat on high for 2 minutes or until the mixture becomes pale yellow and thick.
• Add the cocoa mixture and vanilla and whisk to combine.
• Add the dry ingredients and whisk just to combine.
• Place the egg whites and cream of tartar in a clean bowl and beat on high stiff peaks form.
• Gradually, gently, being mindful not to crush, fold the beaten egg whites into the batter.
• Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
• Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin, dividing the batter evenly between the cups.
• Place in the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
 
• While the cupcakes are baking, make the buttercream.
• Remove the cupcakes from the oven to a cooling rack and cool completely before piping with strawberry buttercream.
• Fill a large piping bag with strawberry buttercream and with a medium large star attachment pipe a spiral starting on the outside and ending in the middle.
• Push a quarter piece of fresh strawberry into the middle.
• Chill the cupcakes for at least two hours.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive