CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY CUPCAKES
There is this famous cupcake place in Alberta I keep hearing about; I tasted it once and all I can say is; they don’t hold the candle to my cupcakes. For a chocolate and strawberry combination made in heaven, I had a perfectly chocolaty chocolate cupcake recipe. All I had to do was concoct a real strawberry buttercream. The cupcakes were delicious yesterday, but chilling in the fridge overnight … made them fantastic! Jimre is in heaven, I believe he has one more left in the fridge. I guess I will be baking tomorrow.
1 batch of Chocolate Chiffon Cupcakes
1 batch of Real Strawberry Buttercream [click on link for recipe]
5 fresh strawberries, quartered
Chocolate Chiffon Cupcakes:
1 cup cake flour
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 Tbsp sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup hot water
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
5 egg yolks
2/3 cup sugar
4 egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
• Bake 18 cupcakes.
• Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
• In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. • In a small bowl, combine the cocoa powder, 2 Tbsp sugar and oil.
• Add the hot water and whisk thoroughly to combine. Set aside.
• Place the egg yolks and sugar into a large mixing bowl and beat on high for 2 minutes or until the mixture becomes pale yellow and thick.
• Add the cocoa mixture and vanilla and whisk to combine.
• Add the dry ingredients and whisk just to combine.
• Place the egg whites and cream of tartar in a clean bowl and beat on high stiff peaks form.
• Gradually, gently, being mindful not to crush, fold the beaten egg whites into the batter.
• Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
• Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin, dividing the batter evenly between the cups.
• Place in the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
• While the cupcakes are baking, make the buttercream.
• Remove the cupcakes from the oven to a cooling rack and cool completely before piping with strawberry buttercream.
• Fill a large piping bag with strawberry buttercream and with a medium large star attachment pipe a spiral starting on the outside and ending in the middle.
• Push a quarter piece of fresh strawberry into the middle.
• Chill the cupcakes for at least two hours.
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- ► 2014 (96)
- SAUTÉED SUGAR SNAP PEAS
- FREEZING APRICOTS
- CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY CUPCAKES
- REAL STRAWBERRY BUTTERCREAM
- MEAT FILLED PASTA - HÚSOS DERELYE
- BLUEBERRY STREUSEL COFFEE CAKE
- STRAWBERRY LEMON BARS
- PASTA WITH KALE
- BRANDIED CHERRIES
- CHERRY CAKE BARS - CSERESZNYÉS SÜTI
- BLACK FOREST CAKE
- MY DAILY BREAD
- STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE
- BROCCOLI PASTA
- STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUMBLE
- ▼ July (15)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (203)