STRAWBERRY LEMON BARS
Adapted from Freckled Strawberry Lemonade Bars, this is one of the most deliciously luscious treat I made recently. Taking a photo was a challenge. First, this is not a particularly stable bar, besides I had to work with a massacred project the following day. My better half couldn’t stop eating it last night; he kept going back to the kitchen to cut just one more slice. These bars are that good. I don’t think I had to stare in the face a more tantalizing fare since I went on this non-diet diet of mine. Heaven help me, the combination of shortbread, lemon and strawberry is brilliant!
1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup icing sugar
dash of salt
1/8 cup softened cream cheese
2 Tbsp flour
1-1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup strawberry puree
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp cornstarch
• Preheat the oven to 350F.
• Line a 9×9 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
• In a large bowl, combine the flour, butter, icing sugar, and salt until well mixed.
• Press the mixture into the prepared pan.
• Bake in the preheated oven for15 minutes.
• Meanwhile combine the eggs, cream cheese, 2 Tbsp flour, 1-1/2 cup sugar, and the lemon juice.
• Pour over the cooked crust.
• In a blender, puree the strawberries, 2 Tbsp sugar, and the cornstarch.
• Spoon the strawberry mixture randomly over the lemon layer.
• Return to the oven and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes, or until the lemon layer is fully cooked and firmly set. You will be able to tell by sight.
• Cool completely before cutting into squares or triangles.
• Dust with a little icing sugar before serving.
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- ► 2014 (96)
- SAUTÉED SUGAR SNAP PEAS
- FREEZING APRICOTS
- CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY CUPCAKES
- REAL STRAWBERRY BUTTERCREAM
- MEAT FILLED PASTA - HÚSOS DERELYE
- BLUEBERRY STREUSEL COFFEE CAKE
- STRAWBERRY LEMON BARS
- PASTA WITH KALE
- BRANDIED CHERRIES
- CHERRY CAKE BARS - CSERESZNYÉS SÜTI
- BLACK FOREST CAKE
- MY DAILY BREAD
- STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE
- BROCCOLI PASTA
- STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUMBLE
- ▼ July (15)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (202)