image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

21.7.13

STRAWBERRY LEMON BARS


Adapted from Freckled Strawberry Lemonade Bars, this is one of the most deliciously luscious treat I made recently. Taking a photo was a challenge. First, this is not a particularly stable bar, besides I had to work with a massacred project the following day. My better half couldn’t stop eating it last night; he kept going back to the kitchen to cut just one more slice. These bars are that good. I don’t think I had to stare in the face a more tantalizing fare since I went on this non-diet diet of mine. Heaven help me, the combination of shortbread, lemon and strawberry is brilliant!
 
Shortbread Base
1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup icing sugar
dash of salt
 
Lemon Layer
3 eggs
1/8 cup softened cream cheese
2 Tbsp flour
1-1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
 
Strawberry Topping
1/2 cup strawberry puree
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp cornstarch
 
• Preheat the oven to 350F.
• Line a 9×9 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
• In a large bowl, combine the flour, butter, icing sugar, and salt until well mixed.
• Press the mixture into the prepared pan.
• Bake in the preheated oven for15 minutes.
• Meanwhile combine the eggs, cream cheese, 2 Tbsp flour, 1-1/2 cup sugar, and the lemon juice.
• Pour over the cooked crust.
• In a blender, puree the strawberries, 2 Tbsp sugar, and the cornstarch.
• Spoon the strawberry mixture randomly over the lemon layer.
• Return to the oven and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes, or until the lemon layer is fully cooked and firmly set. You will be able to tell by sight.
• Cool completely before cutting into squares or triangles.
• Dust with a little icing sugar before serving.

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive