1 pkg. active dry yeast.
2 cups warm water [40-45C]
2 cups all purpose flour
• Sprinkle yeast into a large, dry non metallic bowl.
• Add warm water slowly.
• Stir with a non metallic utensil.
• Add the flour gradually, stirring constantly.
• Stir the mixture to breakup all the lumps.
• Cover the bowl with a clean towel and let stand for two days at room temperature.
• Stir down occasionally.
• Use on the third day.
• Replenish with equal amount of flour and water and refrigerate.
• If you don’t feed it for two weeks, chuck it and start anew.
• Recipe makes 3 cups of starter.