15.2.11

LEMON RIND

You need lemon rind so you grate the skin and then end up throwing away the lemon, because it goes soft in a couple of days. Then you need lemon juice and the rind gets tossed. So making lemon rind and juice at the same time or making rind and fresh lemonade is an economically sound practice, not to mention a time saver when you need one or the other or sometimes both. Its flu season so I don’t make lemon juice these days, I am making fresh lemonade and a lot of it. This way I use all the edible parts of the lemon.

LEMON RIND

• Wash and dry the lemons.
• Cut off the ends and don’t forget to peel off the stickers.
• With a small sharp knife peel off the yellow skin with as little of the white pulp as possible.
• Put the peels inside the food processor and hit the pulse button a couple of times.
• Pack the rind into a plastic food container with a well fitting lid and freeze.
• When you need lemon rind for your next recipe, you will be glad to have lemon rind all ready to go.
   

Privacy & Cookies

This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this website, you agree to their use. To find out more, including how to control cookies, see here: Cookie Policy

Translate

me

My photo
It began with posting a few recipes on line for the family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized the recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on "ZSUZSA'S COOKBOOK". From there click on any of the chapters to access the recipes. For the archive just scroll to the bottom of the page. I am not profiting from my blog, so visitors are not harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. The recipes are not broken up with photos at every step. Where needed the photos are placed following the recipe. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. Happy cooking!