2-1/2 cups flour
2 Tbsp lemon rinds
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup + 2 Tbsp butter, softened
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped fine
3/4 cup raspberry jam
3/4 cup fresh raspberries [if frozen thaw first]
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
• Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
• Line a 13 by 9-inch baking dish with parchment paper allowing it to overhang pan edges.
• Spray parchment paper with cooking spray.
• In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, and salt.
• Add 2 cups of softened butter and rub between hands until well combined.
• Take out 1-1/4 cups from the flour mixture into a smaller bowl and set it aside.
• Press remaining flour mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
• Bake until crust is light golden and the edges begin to brown, 18 to 20 minutes.
• Meanwhile add brown sugar, oats, and finely chopped nuts to the reserved flour mixture.
• Toss to combine.
• Rub the remaining 2 Tbsp butter into the mixture until butter is fully incorporated.
• In small bowl combine the jam, raspberries, and the lemon juice.
• Spread the raspberry mix evenly over the hot crust.
• Sprinkle the streusel topping over filling, but do not press.
• Return pan to oven and bake for 25 minutes until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbling.
• Let it cool and then remove from pan by lifting out with parchment extensions.
• With a large chef's knife, cut into squares and serve.