6 cups water
3/4 cup sugar
3 lemons, peeled
• Place 6 cups of water in a pot.
• Add the sugar and bring it to full boil.
• Remove pot from heat.
• Ladle out 1 cup of sugar water into a bowl and let it cool somewhat.
• Meanwhile peel 3 lemons, removing most of the white rind.
• Place the pealed lemons in a blender and pour in the 1/2 cup of sugar water.
• Cover and process.
• Place a fine sieve over the pot with the remaining sugar water.
• Pour the lemon juice through the sieve and into the pot.
• Discard the pulp and the seeds.
• Heat the lemonade but do not let it come to boil.
• Pour it in a glass jug.
• Let it cool and then refrigerate overnight.
• Serve it on a bed of ice or heat up a cup as needed.
• Makes 6-1/2 to 7 cups of lemonade.