fresh cauliflower florets
• Cut the cauliflower florets off the central stalk taking care not to break it into small pieces.
• Cut the large pieces through the stalk gently separating the floret section. Aim for uniform, medium large pieces.
• Blanch the cauliflower florets in salted boiling salted water for 4 minutes or until tender. Do not overcook.
• Meanwhile set out the ingredients for the cheese sauce.
• When the cauliflowers are tender remove florets with a slotted spoon.
• Place the florets in a baking dish large enough to hold all the florets in one layer.
• Make the cheese sauce and pour over the cauliflower making sure all the florets are covered.
• Sprinkle with grated nutmeg.
• Bake it in a 350F oven for 30 minutes or until the sauce is bubbling. Or simply heat it through in the microwave. Microwaving the dish might not be the British way, but it’s still delicious.