1/2 of my pizza dough recipe
1/4 cup or less commercial pizza sauce
1 small eggplant
1/2 yellow pepper
12 cheery tomatoes
2 large mushrooms
1/2 cup grated mozzarella
1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese or other hard cheese
• Wash and slice the eggplant.
• Place the eggplant slices on a plate and salt them well on both sides.
• Let them sit for a minimum of 2 hours to draw out the bitterness.
• Next assemble the pizza dough. Make half a recipe for four flatbreads.
• Let the dough rise until it’s doubled in size.
• On a floured board roll the dough into a large rectangle.
• Cut the rectangle into four short strips and lay them on a prepared baking pan.
• Tuck the ends under and let the dough rise for an hour or two. This all depends if you want a rather crispy or fluffy flatbread.
• When the second rising is finished preheat the oven to 400F.
• Now wash the vegetables and chop them into large chunks and set them aside.
• Dry the eggplant slices with paper towels and set them aside.
• Grate the cheeses and set them aside.
• Using a pastry brush, paint the flatbread strips [sparingly] with pizza sauce.
• Arrange the vegetables on the flatbread strips and cover them with the grated cheese.
• Place in the preheated oven to bake until dough has a nice color and the cheese is melted over the vegetables.
• Serve the flatbreads hot or cold.