image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

26.5.10

CHEESE PIZZA


I gave the old friend a face lift; my old pizza crust has a new face. But don’t worry, everything stayed the same except the flour. One day I was almost out of all-purpose so I put in some bread flour. Wow! The crust was superior and henceforth I will use 1-1/2 cups of bread flour with 1 cup of all-purpose flour. For those who prefer a thin crust pizza, continue to use the regular flour. It will be still delicious. We are crust people and we are changed it up a bit.

The recipe still makes two wonderful 12-inch pizzas. When I double the recipe, I often end up with extra dough. I shape the unused dough into a loaf and let it rise until it doubles. Then I bake it at 400F and presto we have Italian bread.

1-1/2 cups bread flour

1 cup all-purpose flour 
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt 
2-1/4 tsp instant yeast [2-1/4 tsp = 1 package]
1/4 cup oil
1 cup lukewarm water
2/3 cup pizza sauce
3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
desired toppings


• Place the flours sugar, salt and instant yeast in a large bowl.
• Add the oil and the lukewarm water.
• Mix well. 
• Let dough rest for 10 minutes.
• Place dough on a floured board and kneed until elastic.
• Cover dough and let it rise for 1-1/2 hours.
• Punch down. 
• Divide dough and shape into two balls.
• On floured board roll two (12 inch) pizzas.
• Lightly oil the pans and lay in the dough.
• Turn the edges under. 
• Spread it lightly with your favourite pizza sauce.
• I like to crumble a bit of feta cheese before the Mozzarella. 
• Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
• Let the pizza rise until the under turned edges are nicely risen. 
• Bake at 400F for 25 minutes or until golden.


my pizza from all purpose flour




Pizza Perfection
  

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive