5 cups fresh wax beans
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup of fine breadcrumbs
salt to taste
• Trim the wax beans and chop them into one-inch pieces.
• Place in a colander and wash them under running water.
• Steam the beans until almost tender but still quite crunchy. The beans will soften more in the frying pan, so it is important not to cook them fully.
• Melt the butter in a non-stick frying pan over slow medium heat. Be careful not to brown the butter.
• Add the wax beans and toss to coat with the butter.
• Add the breadcrumbs and gently fold into the beans.
• Continue to cook and lightly toss around the frying pan until the breadcrumbs are lightly toasted.
• Sprinkle with salt to taste.
• Serve immediately.