1 cup honey graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1/4 cup butter
500 ml honey flavoured 10% Greek style yoghurt
freshly squeezed juice of 1 lemon
finely grated rind of 1 lemon
3 pkg. Knox gelatine
1/3 cup cold water
250 ml whipping cream
1/4 cup sugar
• Butter the bottom of a 9-inch spring-form cake pan.
• Combine base ingredients and press into the bottom of the prepared cake pan
• Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes.
• Remove from oven and set it aside to cool.
• The yoghurt cake requires little preparation, so do not start on it until the base and the cake pan cooled down.
• In a mixing bowl, combine the yoghurt, lemon juice and lemon rinds with a whisk.
• Pour 3 packets of Knox gelatine into a small bowl.
• Add 1/3 cup of cold water and stir.
• As soon as the gelatine mixture “blooms”, add to the yoghurt mixture and whisk to combine.
• In a separate bowl, whip the whipping cream until soft peaks from.
• Gradually add the sugar and whip until stiff peaks form.
• Add the whipped cream to the yoghurt mixture and whisk to combine.
• Pour on top of the base and place it in the fridge for 3-4 hours.
• Remove from fridge, move a blunt knife around the edge and unhook the spring mechanism.
• Cut the cake and serve with fresh fruit.