3-3/4 cups cherry juice (2.5 QT)
7 cups sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 pouches CERTO Liquid Pectin
To make own jelly bag, use a square meter of cheesecloth, 3 layers thick.
Wet cloth and spread over a colander or strainer in a bowl.
Bring corners of cloth together.
Twist bag or cloth and squeeze to extract juice.
• Stem, hull and puree fully ripe fruit in the food processor.
• To extract juice, place prepared in jelly bag and squeeze.
• For clearer jelly, use 1-1/2 times fruit called for and let juice drip through without squeezing.
• Meanwhile bring boiling-water canner, half full with water, to simmer.
• Wash jars and screw bands in hot soapy water; rinse with warm water.
• Drain jars well before filling.
• Pour 3-3/4 cups cherry juice into a large Dutch pot.
• If insufficient juice, add up to 1/2 cup of water.
• Add the and the lemon juice.
• Bring mixture to full rolling boil on high heat.
• Boil for 1 minute.
• Remove from heat and stir in the pectin.
• Stir and skim off foam with metal spoon for five minutes.
• Meanwhile to soften the seals, pour boiling water over flat lids in saucepan
• Let stand in hot water until ready to use.
• Ladle jam immediately into prepared jars, filling to within 1/8 inch of tops.
• Use a jam funnel; it will save you from mucky jars and endless wiping up.
• Wipe jar rims and threads.
• Cover with two-piece lids and screw bands tightly.
• Process the jars by the canner method or the Oven method or by the Dry Pack Method. [Included here]
• Remove jars and place upright on a towel to cool completely.
• After jars cool, check seals by pressing middles of lids with finger.
• If lids spring back, lids are not sealed and refrigeration is necessary.