2 slices of lean veal [beef works too]
1 + 3 Tbsp soy sauce [I use China Lily]
1/2 cup water
2-1/2 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp grated ginger
2+1 Tbsp olive oil
2 cups small broccoli flowerets
1-1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
1/2 red pepper, chopped
1 shallot thinly sliced
2 stalks of young bok choy with greens, sliced diagonally
• Wash the veal slice and dry them with paper towels.
• Slice them as thin as possible.
• Place the veal in a medium sized bowl, and toss it with 1 Tbsp soya sauce. Set it aside.
• In a bowl combine the water, soy sauce, cornstarch and the grated ginger and set it aside. Place 2 Tbsp olive oil in a frying pan or wok on mid high heat.
• Add the broccoli, mushrooms, red pepper shallot and cook for two minutes.
• Stir in the bok choy and immediately move the vegetables into a clean bowl.
• Add the remaining olive oil to the frying pan.
• Add the marinating veal slices and stir fry until veal strips are pink in the center.
• Add the soya sauce mixture cook the sauce with the veal, stirring all the time, until the sauce thickens.
• Return the vegetables to frying pan.
• Stir and heat through.
• Serve over rice.