1/2 recipe of pie pastry
2 cups fresh or frozen cherries
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp butter
1 beaten egg yolk and 1 Tbsp sugar
• Preheat the oven to 400F.
• Place the cherries in a medium sized bowl
• Add the sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon, and mix to combine.
• Line a 9-inch pie plate with pie pastry.
• Pour the fruit mixture into the pie shell.
• Dot the top with butter.
• Cut the remaining dough into 3/4” strips.
• Lay the strips down in a weave fashion
• Crimp the edges of the pie.
• Glaze the pastry with the egg yolk wash.
• Sprinkle with sugar.
• Bake at 400F for 15-20 minutes.
• Reduce heat to 350F and bake for 25 minutes longer.
• Yield 1 pie