4 cups diced broccoli
3/4 cup heavy cream
3 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
2 pinch grated nutmeg
1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp freshly grated parmesan
1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
• Wash the broccoli thoroughly.
• Peel the stems, and then finely chop the stems and the florets.
• Cook the broccoli in boiling salted water, until just tender, it will have an intense green colour.
• Drain in a colander and run under cold water to stop cooking.
• Bring to the boil cream, garlic and nutmeg.
• Simmer for 1 minute.
• Add broccoli and remove from heat.
• Puree in several batches in a blender.
• Place in a heatproof serving dish.
• Add 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese and the lemon juice.
• Stir to combine and heat up in the microwave.
• Sprinkle the top with the remaining parmesan cheese and serve.