4 cups medium to large mushrooms
1/4 cup flour
1 well-beaten egg
1 cup fine breadcrumbs
oil for deep frying
• Wash the mushroom and slice them thickly. Do not salt them yet, salt would soften them.
• On three separate plates, place flour, an egg, and fine breadcrumbs.
• Beat the egg with a fork until slightly frothy.
• Roll the mushroom slices into the flour; coat well.
• Next dip them in the beaten egg; coat well.
• Finally dip them in the breadcrumbs, coating well.
• Set out a plate with paper towel and a slotted spoon nearby.
• In a large skillet, place enough oil for deep-frying.
• Heat the oil to medium hot and drop in the breaded mushroom slices.
• Do not crowd the pan, leave room between the mushrooms.
• Flip them over without puncturing them and fry on both sides. The mushrooms will fry up very quickly.
• Fry them to a golden crisp.
• Remove mushrooms with the slotted spoon and place them on the paper towel lined bowl to drain.
• Sprinkle with salt and serve.