4 chicken thighs
2 Tbsp olive oil
salt to taste
1/2 cup diced onions
4 cups fresh, sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup whipping cream
sprinkling of savory
2 tsp of cornstarch
2 sprigs of flat leaf parsley
• Wash and dry the chicken thighs.
• Remove skin, bone and fatty bits. Do not discard though set them aside for making stock.
• Cut each deboned thighs in two.
• Place the olive oil in a large non stick skillet.
• Add the chicken pieces and sprinkle with salt.
• Sauté the chicken pieces on medium heat until tender. Do not brown the meat.
• Add the diced onions and continue to sauté until onions for a couple of minutes.
• Add the mushrooms and cover the skillet with a well fitting lid.
• Sauté dish for two minutes and then remove the lid.
• Add the whipping cream and sprinkle with savory.
• Bring to the boil, cover and remove from heat.
• Let dish rest for 10 minutes.
• Meanwhile wash and chop the parsley leaves.
• Combine 2 tsp of cornstarch with some of the cream sauce. [it would have cooled down a bit by then.
• Stir the cornstarch mixture into the sauce and stir in the chopped parsley leaves.
• Bring to the boil and cook for 1 minute.
• Remove from heat and serve with pasta or nokedli.