2 sandwich steaks
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp butter
salt and pepper to taste
1 large onion
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup vegetable oil
• Slice the onions very thin and drench them with flour. Set aside.
• Wash and pat the steaks dry with paper towels.
• Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
• Place 1 Tbsp olive oil in a non-stick fry pan.
• Add 1 Tbsp of butter.
• When the butter melts add the steaks.
• Quickly fry them on both sides, turning them with kitchen thongs. Do not pierce steaks.
• Remove pan from heat and cover to keep warm.
• In a separate fry pan heat up 1/2 cup of vegetable oil and fry the flour-drenched onions until crispy and light brown. If you have more than one onion to fry, transfer the oil without the brown flour residue and add more vegetable oil to the fresh pan.
• Drain the fried onions on paper towel for a minute or two.
• Serve the steaks and pile the fried onions on the top. Don’t salt the onions.