2 large healthy baking potatoes of the same size
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup diced slab bacon
1/4 cup diced red onions
3/8 cup milk
2 Tbsp melted butter
salt and pepper to taste
1 sprig of fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 cup + 1/8 cup shredded white Cheddar cheese
• Preheat the oven to 400°F.
• Scrub the potatoes very clean.
• Prick them with a pointy knife all over.
• Rub the potatoes all over with oil and place them in a baking dish.
• Bake in the oven for 45 to 65 minutes, depending on the size, or until tender.
• Meanwhile, chop the bacon and cook them in a frying pan on medium heat until golden.
• Add the diced onions and sauté for a couple of minutes.
• Remove pan from heat and transfer the bacon onion mixture to a small bowl with a slotted spoon. Discard bacon grease.
• Slice each potato in half, horizontally.
• With a spoon, scoop the flesh out into a large bowl.
• Place the potato skins back in the baking dish and set them aside.
• Mash the potato with a potato masher.
• Add the bacon and onion mixture, the milk, the melted butter, salt and pepper, the parsley, and 1/2 cup of shredded white Cheddar to the potatoes.
• Beat it until smooth.
• Spoon the mixture back into the potato skins.
• Sprinkle the tops with 1/8 cup of shredded white Cheddar cheese and bake for 25 minutes, or until the filling heats through and the cheese melts on the top.