1-3/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup soft butter
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 cup mashed banana
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 Tbsp cocoa powder
• Preheat the oven to 350F.
• Spray a bread pan with cooking spray generously.
• In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and the salt. Set it aside.
In a large mixing bowl cream the soft butter and sugar until fluffy.
• One by one add the eggs and beat until light and fluffy.
• Add the vanilla and the buttermilk and mix to combine.
Add the dry ingredients and gently fold into the butter mixture. Do not over mix.
• Transfer back half the batter to the medium bowl.
• Sift 3 Tbsp of cocoa on top and gently combine. Do not over mix.
• Spoon one third of the white batter into the prepared pan.
• Spoon half of the chocolate batter on the top.
• Spoon half of the remaining white batter on the top.
• Spoon the remaining chocolate batter on the top.
• Finish by adding the remaining white batter and smooth out the top.
• Take your butter knife and from one end to the other swirl in the batter making a figure 8. Resist the urge to make more swirls, the more you swirl, the less the bread will look marbled.
• Bake for approximately 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let it cool before serving.