MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

27.2.12

SAUSAGE AND KRAUT


Served over a bed of rice or pan-fried potatoes. After the rice or the potatoes are cooked, the sausage and kraut will only take a few minutes to prepare. Serve it with sour cream.

2 Tbsp olive oil
2/3 cup red onion, diced
sprinkling of salt and ground pepper
1 stick dry Hungarian or chorizo sausage
1/2 Tbsp Hungarian paprika
2 cups sauerkraut

• Remove the skin and thinly slice the dry sausage.* Set aside.
• Dice the onions and set aside.
• Rinse and drain the sauerkraut and set aside.
• In a non-stick fry pan, heat the olive oil.
• Add the diced red onions and lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. [The sauerkraut is salty, so go easy on the salt.]
• Cook the onions on medium heat for two minutes.
• Add the sliced sausage and sauté for one more minute.
• Stir in the Hungarian paprika and remove pan from heat.
• Add the drained sauerkraut and stir to combine.
• Slowly sauté, stirring often for 5 minutes or until sauerkraut is tender.
• Serve with sour cream on a bed of rice or pan fried potatoes.

*To remove the skin hold frozen sausage under hot tap water and pull off the skin.

Translate

me

My photo
It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. Happy cooking!

Blog Archive