1-1/2 Tbsp oil
2 red potatoes
salt and pepper to taste
• Wash the potatoes and cut out all the dark spots.
• Shred the potatoes into a bowl and sprinkle lightly with salt.
• Let it stand for 10 minutes and then squeeze out the juices with a potato ricer. Two medium sized potatoes should yield 1/2 cup of liquid. Discard the liquid.
• Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium high heat.
• Add half the grated potatoes, spreading it out on the bottom of the pan.
• Sprinkle ground pepper on the top.
• Slow fry the potatoes until golden.
• Flip the potatoes over continue to cook until golden brown.