2 cups strawberries
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp cornstarch
2 tsp butter
1-1/4 cups milk
1/2 cup flour
4 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp grated orange rinds
1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
1 pinch salt
icing sugar for dusting
• Wash, hull and halve the strawberries. Let them drain.
• Place in a bowl and toss with 1/4 cup of sugar.
• Let the strawberries rest at room temperature for a couple of hours.
• Drain and set them aside.
• Preheat the oven at 350F.
• Spray a 2-litre baking or gratin dish with cooking spray.
• In a medium sized bowl, toss the strawberry halves with cornstarch.
• Arrange the berries, cut side down, in the prepared dish.
• Dot the strawberries with the butter and set aside.
• Whisk together the eggs, milk, flour, sugar, orange rinds, vanilla, and salt.
• Pour the batter over the strawberries.
• Bake for an hour or until set in the center.
• Dust with icing sugar and serve warm.