- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Fully line a rectangular baking pan with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter and the sugar until fluffy.
- Add the baking powder and salt and combine.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat to combine.
- Gradually add the flour and beat only to combine.
- Reserve 1-1/2 cups of the dough and set it aside.
- Press the remaining dough into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread the pie filling over the crust.
- Using a tablespoon, drop the remaining dough at intervals over the pie filling.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool in the kuchen to room temperature. The kuchen has to settle before slicing.
CHERRY KUCHEN BARS
Kuchen is not exactly a cake nor a pastry, it is something in between. In German bakeries, you often see square pastries for sale. These come from large sheet cakes [Blechkuchen] and the varieties are endless. I had different kuchens before, my favourite coffee shop The Crazy and the German sells peach and blueberry kuchens with crumb crust toppings.
1 cup soft butter
1-3/4 cups sugar
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1-1/2 cups + 1-1/2 cups flour
1 cup of homemade cherry pie fillingor 1 can of cherry pie filling
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- QUICK DOUGHNUT HOLES
- APPLE WALNUT SLICE - ALMÁS DIÓS PITE
- CHOCOLATE SUGAR COOKIES
- CHERRY CRUMBLE PIE BARS
- STRAWBERRY BARS - EPRES SÜTI
- CHOCOLATE CHIP GRANOLA BARS
- STUFFED PORK LOIN
- BEETROOT FETA AND WALNUT SALAD
- FLAKY ALMOND SQUARES
- STUFFED MUSHROOMS
- RED WINE RICE WITH DUCK
- GANACHE SANDWICH COOKIES
- EASY CHERRY DANISHES
- YO 5 MINUTE SUPPER
- STUFFED WILD SALMON
- CHERRY KUCHEN BARS
- DILLED SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH SOUR CREAM - KAPROS T...
- PASTA WITH TOMATOES AND SPINACH
- HOMEMADE CHERRY PIE FILLING
- LEMON FETA ROASTED POTATOES
- COCONUT CAKE
- BAKED BEANS
- PASTA WITH PEAS - ZÖLDBORSÓS TÉSZTA
- FRESH CHERRY SAUCE
- WILTED BEET GREENS
- APPLE AND BEETROOT SALAD
- CHERRY STRUDEL - CSERESZNYÉS RÉTES
- ▼ July (27)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (202)