- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place granulated sugar in shallow dish and set aside.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and baking powder in a bowl.
- Microwave two thirds of the butter until melted
- Remove melted butter and sir in remaining butter until it fully melts in residual heat.
- Let the butter cool for ten minutes.
- Whisk brown sugar, vanilla and salt into butter until no lumps remain.
- Whisk in the egg and the egg yolk.
- Add the flour and stir just to combine.
- Scoop up 2 Tbsp of dough and roll it into the sugar, forming a ball.
- Place on a prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Flatten the cookies to 2 inch diameter with the bottom of a drinking glass.
- Sprinkle each cookie with 1-1/2 tsp of the remaining sugar.
- Bake 1 sheet at a time for 15 minutes. Cookies will be slightly underdone in the cracks.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and transfer to wire racks.
CHOCOLATE SUGAR COOKIES
Chocolaty and perfect, here is one more recipe adapted from Cook’s Country April/May 2013. Their recipes never disappoint and are always developed to perfection. Twenty four pounds of sugar later you just know the recipe they put out is well tested. Keep in mind to cool down the melted butter and for best result use dark brown sugar. Don’t over bake. Next time I will be more generous with sugar, the cookies should be thoroughly dusted both for looks and for balancing sweet and bitter. The more you flatten the cookies the crisper they will get and the less they will crinkle. I made a mental note to be light handed next time. Yes I will make these again.
1/3 cup sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
7/8 cup butter
1-3/4 cups brown sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg yolk
1-1/2 cups plus 2 Tbsp flour
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- QUICK DOUGHNUT HOLES
- APPLE WALNUT SLICE - ALMÁS DIÓS PITE
- CHOCOLATE SUGAR COOKIES
- CHERRY CRUMBLE PIE BARS
- STRAWBERRY BARS - EPRES SÜTI
- CHOCOLATE CHIP GRANOLA BARS
- STUFFED PORK LOIN
- BEETROOT FETA AND WALNUT SALAD
- FLAKY ALMOND SQUARES
- STUFFED MUSHROOMS
- RED WINE RICE WITH DUCK
- GANACHE SANDWICH COOKIES
- EASY CHERRY DANISHES
- YO 5 MINUTE SUPPER
- STUFFED WILD SALMON
- CHERRY KUCHEN BARS
- DILLED SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH SOUR CREAM - KAPROS T...
- PASTA WITH TOMATOES AND SPINACH
- HOMEMADE CHERRY PIE FILLING
- LEMON FETA ROASTED POTATOES
- COCONUT CAKE
- BAKED BEANS
- PASTA WITH PEAS - ZÖLDBORSÓS TÉSZTA
- FRESH CHERRY SAUCE
- WILTED BEET GREENS
- APPLE AND BEETROOT SALAD
- CHERRY STRUDEL - CSERESZNYÉS RÉTES
- ▼ July (27)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (203)