- Wash and chop the potatoes into small cubes and slightly precook. Keep an eye on them this will only take a few minutes. Potatoes will be cooked on the outside, but the middle should still be firm. Drain the potatoes and plunge them into ice water to stop the cooking process.
- When the potatoes have cooled down to room temperature, drain and transfer them to a large bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In a bowl combine marinade ingredients.
- Add the marinade mix to the potatoes and mix to coat evenly.
- Transfer the marinated potatoes in a 9′ by 13 inch glass baking dish.
- Bake the potatoes for 30-40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile make the feta mix and set it aside.
- Chop the sun dried or oven dried tomatoes [if you use cherry tomatoes leave them whole] and set them aside.
- Chop the red onion, mince the garlic and dice the red pepper and set them aside.
- Remove dish from the oven and scatter the feta mix and the vegetables over the top.
- Place the dish back in the oven and bake for 20 minutes longer and serve.
LEMON FETA ROASTED POTATOES
There are potato lovers and potato haters. Guszti, my godfather was a potato hater. We used to ask him “why aren’t you eating your potatoes”; and he would tell us with a straight face “my legs hurt from it”. I married to a potato lover. When you make potatoes as often as I do, you have to look for ways of cooking them and sometimes it is just easier to make it into a one dish meal. This was adapted from CaliZona. Parboiling the potatoes really cuts down on the roasting time.
5 medium sized red potatoes
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/4 cup white or rose` wine
1 Tbsp oregano
1/2 tsp thyme
1 tsp Greek seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup feta cheese
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup chopped sun dried or oven dried tomatoes
1/2 cup red onions diced
3 cloves garlic
1/2 red pepper, diced [I used frozen, but fresh is good]
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. This is to my old on-line friends and visitors: policing the comment section for spam and answering questions has become a chore. Good wishes to you all, happy cooking and keep on feeding your people with good food.
- QUICK DOUGHNUT HOLES
- APPLE WALNUT SLICE - ALMÁS DIÓS PITE
- CHOCOLATE SUGAR COOKIES
- CHERRY CRUMBLE PIE BARS
- STRAWBERRY BARS - EPRES SÜTI
- CHOCOLATE CHIP GRANOLA BARS
- STUFFED PORK LOIN
- BEETROOT FETA AND WALNUT SALAD
- FLAKY ALMOND SQUARES
- STUFFED MUSHROOMS
- RED WINE RICE WITH DUCK
- GANACHE SANDWICH COOKIES
- EASY CHERRY DANISHES
- YO 5 MINUTE SUPPER
- STUFFED WILD SALMON
- CHERRY KUCHEN BARS
- DILLED SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH SOUR CREAM - KAPROS T...
- PASTA WITH TOMATOES AND SPINACH
- HOMEMADE CHERRY PIE FILLING
- LEMON FETA ROASTED POTATOES
- COCONUT CAKE
- BAKED BEANS
- PASTA WITH PEAS - ZÖLDBORSÓS TÉSZTA
- FRESH CHERRY SAUCE
- WILTED BEET GREENS
- APPLE AND BEETROOT SALAD
- CHERRY STRUDEL - CSERESZNYÉS RÉTES
- ▼ July (27)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (200)