- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water to al dante.
- Meanwhile, cook the onions in oil and butter until soft.
- Add the frozen peas and bring it back to the boil.
- Drain and place in a heated serving dish.
- Season the pasta with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Add the onions and give it a stir.
- Grate some parmesan cheese on the top and serve immediately.
PASTA WITH PEAS - ZÖLDBORSÓS TÉSZTA
It is wonderfully warm and my garden is filled with the green stuff. But winter will be here soon enough when the only green I may find is a small package of frozen peas. This has to be one of the most unremarkable pasta dishes I make. It is way too easy and uncomplicated and yet there are times in the winter months when the fridge is close to empty and you reach for staples to make one more meal before having to venture out to the store for some fresh groceries. Pair it with a slice of garlic toast, grab the cookie tin and you are set for an evening of Netflix binge.
pasta for two
1 cup frozen peas
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp butter
1/4 cup diced onions
salt and pepper to taste
grated parmesan cheese
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. Happy cooking!