- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Fully line a rectangular baking pan with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter and the sugar until fluffy.
- Add the baking powder and salt and combine.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat to combine.
- Gradually add the flour and beat only to combine.
- Reserve 1-1/2 cups of the dough and set it aside.
- Press the remaining dough into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread the pie filling over the crust.
- Using a tablespoon, drop the remaining dough at intervals over the pie filling.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool in the kuchen to room temperature. The kuchen has to settle before slicing.
CHERRY KUCHEN BARS
Kuchen is not exactly a cake nor a pastry, it is something in between. In German bakeries, you often see square pastries for sale. These come from large sheet cakes [Blechkuchen] and the varieties are endless. I had different kuchens before, my favourite coffee shop The Crazy and the German sells peach and blueberry kuchens with crumb crust toppings.
1 cup soft butter
1-3/4 cups sugar
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1-1/2 cups + 1-1/2 cups flour
1 cup of homemade cherry pie fillingor 1 can of cherry pie filling
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. This is to my old on-line friends and visitors: policing the comment section for spam and answering questions has become a chore. Good wishes to you all, happy cooking and keep on feeding your people with good food.
- QUICK DOUGHNUT HOLES
- APPLE WALNUT SLICE - ALMÁS DIÓS PITE
- CHOCOLATE SUGAR COOKIES
- CHERRY CRUMBLE PIE BARS
- STRAWBERRY BARS - EPRES SÜTI
- CHOCOLATE CHIP GRANOLA BARS
- STUFFED PORK LOIN
- BEETROOT FETA AND WALNUT SALAD
- FLAKY ALMOND SQUARES
- STUFFED MUSHROOMS
- RED WINE RICE WITH DUCK
- GANACHE SANDWICH COOKIES
- EASY CHERRY DANISHES
- YO 5 MINUTE SUPPER
- STUFFED WILD SALMON
- CHERRY KUCHEN BARS
- DILLED SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH SOUR CREAM - KAPROS T...
- PASTA WITH TOMATOES AND SPINACH
- HOMEMADE CHERRY PIE FILLING
- LEMON FETA ROASTED POTATOES
- COCONUT CAKE
- BAKED BEANS
- PASTA WITH PEAS - ZÖLDBORSÓS TÉSZTA
- FRESH CHERRY SAUCE
- WILTED BEET GREENS
- APPLE AND BEETROOT SALAD
- CHERRY STRUDEL - CSERESZNYÉS RÉTES
- ▼ July (27)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (200)