image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

8.7.14

PASTA WITH TOMATOES AND SPINACH


I made lunch with spinach from our garden, using last year’s oven dried cherry tomatoes and a few chunks of frozen red peppers. I am trying to use up last year’s preserves, although it is getting harder as the fresh stuff is starting to appear on the kitchen table.

When we were younger and I was considerably busier, I used to resent the unexpected buckets on the table – you want me to deal with this NOW? Especially when large amounts started to come, so my darling secured a few outlets, friends with no gardens and he would give away most of the stuff he grew. There were times I would miss out on beets or tomatoes, because I forgot to ask for them. When we retired I slowly took them back. We still share with friends and family, but now I happily use all that he brings me. Nothing beats the value of fresh, pesticide free produce, even if you have to wash it leaf by leaf by leaf.




spaghetti for 2 servings
1 + 1 Tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1/2 red pepper, chopped [I used frozen]
1/3 cup dried cherry tomatoes or 1 cup fresh cherry tomatoes
1 large handful of fresh spinach
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste [I used Chef’s Salt]
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
salt and pepper to taste

  • Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
  • Drain the pasta.
  • Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a non stick skillet over medium heat and add the garlic, slow fry it stirring, until golden.
  • Transfer the garlic with a slotted spoon to paper towel lined plate to drain.
  • In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil and add the tomatoes, spinach, and balsamic vinegar.
  • Cook over medium heat until the spinach is wilts.
  • Toss the cooked spaghetti with the tomato spinach mixture.
  • Season the pasta with salt and pepper.
  • Sprinkle with the crumbled feta cheese and toasted garlic bits.
  • Serve warm.


Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive