image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

12.7.14

GANACHE SANDWICH COOKIES


These are crispy shortbread cookies with a rich ganache. Sometimes I wonder how long I can keep this up. I think I must have made every chocolaty cookie under the sun that Liv is willing to munch on and then I find one more or concoct another. There are numerous criteria to adhere to; it cannot be just any chocolaty cookie. I either make a fraction of a batch; yes you can divide an egg, or sock the leftovers away in the freezer for the other sweet toothed nut in my life. The assortment of stuff I can conjure up in a short notice when I don’t bake for a week can be quite interesting. I myself was never a cookie fan. If I think of sweets I think of dessert or cake. When I feel down I bake a cake. As I spread the icing I feel strangely happy inside. I can hardly wait to slice into it; it’s a magic moment. I could not have been a baker, watching my cakes fly out the door without ever having the chance to admire the insides. So here is one more cookie. I had one, it was nice.

Cookies:
1-7/8 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup soft butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp pure vanilla
1 egg

Ganache:
2 squares [8oz] of pure semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream 

  • Whisk together the flour and baking powder in a large bowl.
  • Add the butter and rub into the flour dispersing it.
  • Add the sugar, vanilla and the egg and kneed to combine.
  • Wrap and place in the fridge for half an hour to chill.
  • Meanwhile make the ganache.
  • Partially melt the chocolate and stir to truly melt it.
  • Stir in the cold whipping cream and set it aside.
  • Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
  • Preheat the oven to 350F.
  • Place the chilled dough on a floured surface and roll it out to 3/8th of an inch thickness.
  • With the smallest cookie cutter cut rounds and place them on parchment lined cookie sheets.
  • Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes. Do not let them brown.
  • Let the cookies cool down completely.
  • Lay a clean sheet of parchment paper and set out the cookies in pairs.
  • Spread one cookie with the ganache and stick its pair on top.
  • Set the sandwiched cookies on a tray not touching.
  • I used a clean slightly damp kitchen towel to wipe my fingers between handling the cookies.
  • Let the cookies rest for a couple of hours before serving.

6 comments:

  1. Dearest Zsuzsa, I wonder how you keep it up too! Are you back on your feet yet darling? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back on my knees, but not on my ankles and last week my back went. But I am getting there wherever there is.

      Delete
  2. I love shortbread cookies though this one would have to be amazing to be as good as the alfajores that I made a while back sandwiched together with home made dulce de leche. I'm not quite as big a chocolate fan as your grandaughter obviously. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah no, the alfajores must have been superior, I was contemplating on making them, but I got cold feet with the dulce de leche.

      Delete
  3. Looks delicious! I love cookies but I understand making things you your self are not a fan of! I am very picky but I still love baking for others even if I wont eat my creation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I hate seafood.

      Delete

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive