- Wash and chop the potatoes into small cubes and slightly precook. Keep an eye on them this will only take a few minutes. Potatoes will be cooked on the outside, but the middle should still be firm. Drain the potatoes and plunge them into ice water to stop the cooking process.
- When the potatoes have cooled down to room temperature, drain and transfer them to a large bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In a bowl combine marinade ingredients.
- Add the marinade mix to the potatoes and mix to coat evenly.
- Transfer the marinated potatoes in a 9′ by 13 inch glass baking dish.
- Bake the potatoes for 30-40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile make the feta mix and set it aside.
- Chop the sun dried or oven dried tomatoes [if you use cherry tomatoes leave them whole] and set them aside.
- Chop the red onion, mince the garlic and dice the red pepper and set them aside.
- Remove dish from the oven and scatter the feta mix and the vegetables over the top.
- Place the dish back in the oven and bake for 20 minutes longer and serve.
LEMON FETA ROASTED POTATOES
There are potato lovers and potato haters. Guszti, my godfather was a potato hater. We used to ask him “why aren’t you eating your potatoes”; and he would tell us with a straight face “my legs hurt from it”. I married to a potato lover. When you make potatoes as often as I do, you have to look for ways of cooking them and sometimes it is just easier to make it into a one dish meal. This was adapted from CaliZona. Parboiling the potatoes really cuts down on the roasting time.
5 medium sized red potatoes
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/4 cup white or rose` wine
1 Tbsp oregano
1/2 tsp thyme
1 tsp Greek seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup feta cheese
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup chopped sun dried or oven dried tomatoes
1/2 cup red onions diced
3 cloves garlic
1/2 red pepper, diced [I used frozen, but fresh is good]
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- QUICK DOUGHNUT HOLES
- APPLE WALNUT SLICE - ALMÁS DIÓS PITE
- CHOCOLATE SUGAR COOKIES
- CHERRY CRUMBLE PIE BARS
- STRAWBERRY BARS - EPRES PITE
- CHOCOLATE CHIP GRANOLA BARS
- STUFFED PORK LOIN
- BEETROOT FETA AND WALNUT SALAD
- FLAKY ALMOND SQUARES
- STUFFED MUSHROOMS
- RED WINE RICE WITH DUCK
- GANACHE SANDWICH COOKIES
- EASY CHERRY DANISHES
- YO 5 MINUTE SUPPER
- STUFFED WILD SALMON
- CHERRY KUCHEN BARS
- DILLED SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH SOUR CREAM - KAPROS T...
- PASTA WITH TOMATOES AND SPINACH
- HOMEMADE CHERRY PIE FILLING
- LEMON FETA ROASTED POTATOES
- COCONUT CAKE
- BAKED BEANS
- PASTA WITH PEAS - ZÖLDBORSÓS TÉSZTA
- FRESH CHERRY SAUCE
- WILTED BEET GREENS
- APPLE AND BEETROOT SALAD
- CHERRY STRUDEL - CSERESZNYÉS RÉTES
- ▼ July (27)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (203)