image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

8.7.14

LEMON FETA ROASTED POTATOES


There are potato lovers and potato haters. Guszti, my godfather was a potato hater. We used to ask him “why aren’t you eating your potatoes”; and he would tell us with a straight face “my legs hurt from it”. I married to a potato lover. When you make potatoes as often as I do, you have to look for ways of cooking them and sometimes it is just easier to make it into a one dish meal. This was adapted from CaliZona. Parboiling the potatoes really cuts down on the roasting time.   




5 medium sized red potatoes

Marinade:
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/4 cup white or rose` wine
1 Tbsp oregano
1/2 tsp thyme
1 tsp Greek seasoning
salt and pepper to taste

Feta Mix:
1/2 cup feta cheese
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil

Vegetables:
1/4 cup chopped sun dried or oven dried tomatoes
1/2 cup red onions diced
3 cloves garlic
1/2 red pepper, diced [I used frozen, but fresh is good]


  • Wash and chop the potatoes into small cubes and slightly precook. Keep an eye on them this will only take a few minutes. Potatoes will be cooked on the outside, but the middle should still be firm. Drain the potatoes and plunge them into ice water to stop the cooking process.
  • When the potatoes have cooled down to room temperature, drain and transfer them to a large bowl.
  • Preheat the oven to 400F.
  • In a bowl combine marinade ingredients.
  • Add the marinade mix to the potatoes and mix to coat evenly.
  • Transfer the marinated potatoes in a 9′ by 13 inch glass baking dish.
  • Bake the potatoes for 30-40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
  • Meanwhile make the feta mix and set it aside.
  • Chop the sun dried or oven dried tomatoes [if you use cherry tomatoes leave them whole] and set them aside.
  • Chop the red onion, mince the garlic and dice the red pepper and set them aside.
  • Remove dish from the oven and scatter the feta mix and the vegetables over the top.
  • Place the dish back in the oven and bake for 20 minutes longer and serve.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sure I commented on this post as I remember declaring my love of potatoes. I think this dish would be a winner. Unattended recipes are a big help to a busy person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes. Cooking takes time. My poor girl she has family, a job and is working on her master degree. They live on salads now. Olivia keeps asking what about me.

      Delete
    2. Luckily, Olivia doesn't get totally ignored as she has you to sew costumes for her and it sounds like she comes over to stay. Are you teaching her to cook? :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds and looks yummy I oftren buy baby red and whit potatoes and parboil and bake them whole. They are crunchy on the outside but oh so soft an d buttery on the inside.

    ReplyDelete

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive