image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

8.7.14

PASTA WITH PEAS - ZÖLDBORSÓS TÉSZTA


It is wonderfully warm and my garden is filled with the green stuff. But winter will be here soon enough when the only green I may find is a small package of frozen peas. This has to be one of the most unremarkable pasta dishes I make. It is way too easy and uncomplicated and yet there are times in the winter months when the fridge is close to empty and you reach for staples to make one more meal before having to venture out to the store for some fresh groceries. Pair it with a slice of garlic toast, grab the cookie tin and you are set for an evening of Netflix binge. 

pasta for two
1 cup frozen peas
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp butter
1/4 cup diced onions
salt and pepper to taste
grated parmesan cheese

  • Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water to al dante.
  • Meanwhile, cook the onions in oil and butter until soft.
  • Add the frozen peas and bring it back to the boil.
  • Drain and place in a heated serving dish.
  • Season the pasta with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
  • Add the onions and give it a stir.
  • Grate some parmesan cheese on the top and serve immediately.



Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive