- Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Drain the pasta.
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a non stick skillet over medium heat and add the garlic, slow fry it stirring, until golden.
- Transfer the garlic with a slotted spoon to paper towel lined plate to drain.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil and add the tomatoes, spinach, and balsamic vinegar.
- Cook over medium heat until the spinach is wilts.
- Toss the cooked spaghetti with the tomato spinach mixture.
- Season the pasta with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with the crumbled feta cheese and toasted garlic bits.
- Serve warm.
PASTA WITH TOMATOES AND SPINACH
I made lunch with spinach from our garden, using last year’s oven dried cherry tomatoes and a few chunks of frozen red peppers. I am trying to use up last year’s preserves, although it is getting harder as the fresh stuff is starting to appear on the kitchen table.
When we were younger and I was considerably busier, I used to resent the unexpected buckets on the table – you want me to deal with this NOW? Especially when large amounts started to come, so my darling secured a few outlets, friends with no gardens and he would give away most of the stuff he grew. There were times I would miss out on beets or tomatoes, because I forgot to ask for them. When we retired I slowly took them back. We still share with friends and family, but now I happily use all that he brings me. Nothing beats the value of fresh, pesticide free produce, even if you have to wash it leaf by leaf by leaf.
spaghetti for 2 servings
1 + 1 Tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1/2 red pepper, chopped [I used frozen]
1/3 cup dried cherry tomatoes or 1 cup fresh cherry tomatoes
1 large handful of fresh spinach
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste [I used Chef’s Salt]
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
salt and pepper to taste
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- QUICK DOUGHNUT HOLES
- APPLE WALNUT SLICE - ALMÁS DIÓS PITE
- CHOCOLATE SUGAR COOKIES
- CHERRY CRUMBLE PIE BARS
- STRAWBERRY BARS - EPRES PITE
- CHOCOLATE CHIP GRANOLA BARS
- STUFFED PORK LOIN
- BEETROOT FETA AND WALNUT SALAD
- FLAKY ALMOND SQUARES
- STUFFED MUSHROOMS
- RED WINE RICE WITH DUCK
- GANACHE SANDWICH COOKIES
- EASY CHERRY DANISHES
- YO 5 MINUTE SUPPER
- STUFFED WILD SALMON
- CHERRY KUCHEN BARS
- DILLED SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH SOUR CREAM - KAPROS T...
- PASTA WITH TOMATOES AND SPINACH
- HOMEMADE CHERRY PIE FILLING
- LEMON FETA ROASTED POTATOES
- COCONUT CAKE
- BAKED BEANS
- PASTA WITH PEAS - ZÖLDBORSÓS TÉSZTA
- FRESH CHERRY SAUCE
- WILTED BEET GREENS
- APPLE AND BEETROOT SALAD
- CHERRY STRUDEL - CSERESZNYÉS RÉTES
- ▼ July (27)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (203)