- Melt 2 Tbsp butter in a non stick skillet on medium heat and add the celery.
- Braise until vibrant green and then add the green onions and the garlic.
- Gently cook until onions begin to wilt. It will take less then a minute.
- Transfer the onions and the celery to a small bowl and set aside.
- Melt the remaining butter and add the shredded duck meat and heat trough.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté until mushrooms release their liquid.
- Add the cooked rice and heat through.
- At any time you run out of moisture, add from the red wine.
- Once the red wine is gone add from the chicken stock as needed. Amount of chicken stock will depend on the amount of cooked rice and duck meat used.
- When the rice is heated through add back the celery and the onions.
- Stir in the chopped green onion stalks.
- Season the rice with thyme, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve right away.
RED WINE RICE WITH DUCK
From the roasted duck of past I saved the shredded leftovers and this was the most memorable dish I made from it. I know this, because I took photos and saved the recipe. It has been awhile, but I also recall Jim being happy meeting up with the duck again. So here it goes, the recipe was inspired by Good Food magazine, January 2009. I took a few key photos of the process to jug my memory and obviously I didn’t follow the recipe. Stir fry recipes tend to produce overcooked vegetables and this dish was anything but. Indeed it was a fitting end for the duck.
cooked Basmati rice for 2 to 4 people
4 Tbsp butter
2 celery sticks, finely chopped
2 to 4 green onions [do not discard green stalks]
3 garlic cloves, diced
1 to 2 cups leftover duck meat, shredded
3 cups sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup red wine
1 cup chicken stock as needed
green stalks of the green onions used, chopped
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- QUICK DOUGHNUT HOLES
- APPLE WALNUT SLICE - ALMÁS DIÓS PITE
- CHOCOLATE SUGAR COOKIES
- CHERRY CRUMBLE PIE BARS
- STRAWBERRY BARS - EPRES PITE
- CHOCOLATE CHIP GRANOLA BARS
- STUFFED PORK LOIN
- BEETROOT FETA AND WALNUT SALAD
- FLAKY ALMOND SQUARES
- STUFFED MUSHROOMS
- RED WINE RICE WITH DUCK
- GANACHE SANDWICH COOKIES
- EASY CHERRY DANISHES
- YO 5 MINUTE SUPPER
- STUFFED WILD SALMON
- CHERRY KUCHEN BARS
- DILLED SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH SOUR CREAM - KAPROS T...
- PASTA WITH TOMATOES AND SPINACH
- HOMEMADE CHERRY PIE FILLING
- LEMON FETA ROASTED POTATOES
- COCONUT CAKE
- BAKED BEANS
- PASTA WITH PEAS - ZÖLDBORSÓS TÉSZTA
- FRESH CHERRY SAUCE
- WILTED BEET GREENS
- APPLE AND BEETROOT SALAD
- CHERRY STRUDEL - CSERESZNYÉS RÉTES
- ▼ July (27)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (203)