image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

11.7.14

YO 5 MINUTE SUPPER


You get home and realize you forgot to take something out of the freezer. It’s 7:30PM, way past the reasonable time to eat and you look for something in the fridge and all there is a small chunk of cream cheese, an even smaller piece of mozzarella, a couple of limp green onions and the tail end of Hungarian sausage. You dash downstairs to the freezer, thank God there is a French bread though shall eat after all. Put the frozen bread in the microwave so you can cut into it, spread the half frozen bread chunks with the cream cheese, top it with a bit of mozzarella, divide the onion and the Hungarian sausage among the pieces, lay them in a baking dish, into the oven they go, turn to broil and watch! Don’t leave it, not even for a moment; you hold the balance between feast and famine. Aaaah this is really good!

Next day you go grocery shopping because you don’t even have milk for your morning coffee. Life… is busy.


4 comments:

  1. LOL ... I've had those kinds of emergency suppers/lunches more time than I can recall. Tonight I had a very late supper of guacamole, hot sauce from the Mexican take out my nephew brought me on Tuesday and tortilla chips. Lunch was pad thai and a mini Baked Alaska ... kind of a topsy turvy eating day.

    I haven't had REAL Hungarian salami in ages. If I can force myself to get up early on Saturday morning I'll to the market and buy some though I like it with ricotta cheese and crusty bread rolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not at all surprised Maria. Working women are the biggest wizards in the kitchen after 6:00PM. If she had the time Leilah should be the one writing this blog. Sometimes I don't know how she pulls it off.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes life is just like that. Thank God for Hungarian sausage, such a ueful item. Great in scrambled eggs with onion and colourful peppers. Makes a great supper or breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Judith, eggs are the magic supper food after Hungarian salami. But you always need good bread, which I know you make yourself.

      Delete

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive