ALMOND THIMBLE COOKIES
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup flour
1 egg white, slightly beaten
1 cup almonds, finely chopped
jelly or jam
• In a large bowl, cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
• Beat in the almond extract.
• Gradually mix in the flour until the dough just comes together.
• Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
• Roll dough into 1 inch balls.
• Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
• Dip the balls in slightly beaten egg white and roll into the almonds.
• Place the balls 1 inch apart on the parchment lined cookie sheet.
• Gently make an indentation in the center of each dough ball.
• Bake the cookies at 350F for 5 minutes.
• Remove cookies from the oven and quickly indent the centers again.
• Return to the oven and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes.
• Fill hot cookies with jelly or jam. Yield: 22 cookies
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- ► 2014 (96)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- CREPE FILLINGS
- CREPES - PALACSINTA
- HUNGARIAN CURD CHEESE NOODLES - TÚRÓS CSUSZA
- ROUX- RÁNTÁS
- ALMOND THIMBLE COOKIES
- PINCHED NOODLES - CSIPETKE
- PORK PATTIES - FASÍRT
- EGG DUMPLINGS - NOKEDLI
- BEEF PAPRIKA - MARHA PÖRKÖLT
- APRICOT GLAZE
- CURD CHEESE DUMPLINGS - TÚRÓGOMBÓC
- COTTAGE CHEESE CUSTARD SLICES - TÚRÓS KRÉMES
- CHOCOLATE SHORTBREAD
- HOMEMADE VANILLA SUGAR
- LAYERED POTATOES - RAKOTT KRUMPLI
- POZSONY NUT CRESCENTS – POZSONYI KIFLI
- EMPIRE COOKIES
- CUTTING BAR COOKIES
- FARINA SOUP DUMPLINGS - GRÍZ NOKEDLI
- HUNGARIAN CURD CHEESE – TÚRÓ
- CLEAR BROTH ASPARAGUS SOUP
- LIGHT BANANA CAKE
- FLUFFY BROWN SUGAR FROSTING
- ROASTED HALF TURKEY
- 100 % WHOLE WHEAT BREAD
- TURKEY DRESSING
- RUSTIC WHITE BREAD – HÁZI KENYÉR
- BREADED CHICKEN - RÁNTOTT CSIRKE
- FILLET of SOLE IN PARCHMENT
- STUFFED EGGS - TÖLTÖTT TOJÁS
- ▼ March (33)