ALMOND THIMBLE COOKIES
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup flour
1 egg white, slightly beaten
1 cup almonds, finely chopped
jelly or jam
• In a large bowl, cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
• Beat in the almond extract.
• Gradually mix in the flour until the dough just comes together.
• Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
• Roll dough into 1 inch balls.
• Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
• Dip the balls in slightly beaten egg white and roll into the almonds.
• Place the balls 1 inch apart on the parchment lined cookie sheet.
• Gently make an indentation in the center of each dough ball.
• Bake the cookies at 350F for 5 minutes.
• Remove cookies from the oven and quickly indent the centers again.
• Return to the oven and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes.
• Fill hot cookies with jelly or jam. Yield: 22 cookies
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. This is to my old on-line friends and visitors: policing the comment section for spam and answering questions has become a chore. Good wishes to you all, happy cooking and keep on feeding your people with good food.
- ► 2014 (93)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (178)
- CREPE FILLINGS
- CREPES - PALACSINTA
- HUNGARIAN CURD CHEESE NOODLES - TÚRÓS CSUSZA
- ALMOND THIMBLE COOKIES
- PINCHED NOODLES - CSIPETKE
- PORK PATTIES - FASÍRT
- EGG DUMPLINGS - NOKEDLI
- BEEF PAPRIKA - MARHA PÖRKÖLT
- APRICOT GLAZE
- CURD CHEESE DUMPLINGS - TÚRÓGOMBÓC
- COTTAGE CHEESE CUSTARD SLICES - TÚRÓS KRÉMES
- CHOCOLATE SHORTBREAD
- HOMEMADE VANILLA SUGAR
- LAYERED POTATOES - RAKOTT KRUMPLI
- POZSONY NUT CRESCENTS – POZSONYI KIFLI
- EMPIRE COOKIES
- CUTTING BAR COOKIES
- SEMOLINA SOUP DUMPLINGS – GRÍZNOKEDLI
- HUNGARIAN CURD CHEESE – TÚRÓ
- CLEAR BROTH ASPARAGUS SOUP
- LIGHT BANANA CAKE
- FLUFFY BROWN SUGAR FROSTING
- ROASTED HALF TURKEY
- 100 % WHOLE WHEAT BREAD
- TURKEY DRESSING
- RUSTIC WHITE BREAD – HÁZI KENYÉR
- BREADED CHICKEN - RÁNTOTT CSIRKE
- FILLET of SOLE IN PARCHMENT
- DEVILLED EGGS - TÖLTÖTT TOJÁS
- ▼ March (32)