image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

24.3.10

ALMOND THIMBLE COOKIES


1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup flour
1 egg white, slightly beaten
1 cup almonds, finely chopped
jelly or jam

• In a large bowl, cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
• Beat in the almond extract.
• Gradually mix in the flour until the dough just comes together.
• Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.

• Roll dough into 1 inch balls.
• Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
• Dip the balls in slightly beaten egg white and roll into the almonds.

• Place the balls 1 inch apart on the parchment lined cookie sheet.
• Gently make an indentation in the center of each dough ball.
• Bake the cookies at 350F for 5 minutes.

• Remove cookies from the oven and quickly indent the centers again.
• Return to the oven and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes.
• Fill hot cookies with jelly or jam. Yield: 22 cookies

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive