MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

25.3.10

HUNGARIAN CURD CHEESE NOODLES - TÚRÓS CSUSZA


1 batch of noodles
30 g slab bacon, diced
2 Tbsp butter, melted
salt to taste
1-1/2 cups túró
2/3 cup sour cream

• Roll out noodle dough thin.
• But instead of cutting, tear into random pieces.
• Cook the noodles in lightly salted water and drain thoroughly.

• Cook the diced bacon until it loses its fat. (Do not crisp)
• Take out the small cracklings with a slotted spoon and set aside.

• Toss the boiled noodles with 2 Tbsp melted butter.
• Add salt to taste.
• Sprinkle with the fried bacon bits.

• Loosely combine túró with sour cream.
• Divide túró mixture into two parts.
• Combine one part with the buttered pasta.

• Pour the pasta into a buttered ovenproof dish.
• Top pasta with the remaining túró mixture.
• Place in the oven at 350F to heat through.
• Serve immediately.





   

Translate

me

My photo
It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. Happy cooking!

Blog Archive