FLUFFY BROWN SUGAR FROSTING
Cooked egg white frosting is a classic cake and dessert topping. Egg whites, sugar, and flavourings are gently heated in the top of a double boiler and continuously beaten into a fluffy meringue. Best known is the 7 Minute Frosting. At first they are lofty but will start to collapse by the next day.
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup cold water
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
Dash of salt
2 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla
1. Partially fill base of a double boiler with water; cover and bring to boil.
2. In double boiler top (do not place it over water), combine all the ingredients except vanilla.
3. Beat with egg beater at full speed for 1 minute.
4. Then set in place over rapidly boiling water.
5. Beat mixture constantly with egg beater at full speed, while cooking for 7 minutes.
6. Remove the double boiler top from boiling water.
7. Add the vanilla and beat for 2 more minutes.
8. Fills and frosts generously two 8" or 9" layers, or an 8" x 8" x 2" cake, or 1 dozen cupcakes.
The entire recipe is 655 calories.
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. This is to my old on-line friends and visitors: policing the comment section for spam and answering questions has become a chore. Good wishes to you all, happy cooking and keep on feeding your people with good food.
- ► 2014 (94)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- CREPE FILLINGS
- CREPES - PALACSINTA
- HUNGARIAN CURD CHEESE NOODLES - TÚRÓS CSUSZA
- ALMOND THIMBLE COOKIES
- PINCHED NOODLES - CSIPETKE
- PORK PATTIES - FASÍRT
- EGG DUMPLINGS - NOKEDLI
- BEEF PAPRIKA - MARHA PÖRKÖLT
- APRICOT GLAZE
- CURD CHEESE DUMPLINGS - TÚRÓGOMBÓC
- COTTAGE CHEESE CUSTARD SLICES - TÚRÓS KRÉMES
- CHOCOLATE SHORTBREAD
- HOMEMADE VANILLA SUGAR
- LAYERED POTATOES - RAKOTT KRUMPLI
- POZSONY NUT CRESCENTS – POZSONYI KIFLI
- EMPIRE COOKIES
- CUTTING BAR COOKIES
- SEMOLINA SOUP DUMPLINGS – GRÍZNOKEDLI
- HUNGARIAN CURD CHEESE – TÚRÓ
- CLEAR BROTH ASPARAGUS SOUP
- LIGHT BANANA CAKE
- FLUFFY BROWN SUGAR FROSTING
- ROASTED HALF TURKEY
- 100 % WHOLE WHEAT BREAD
- TURKEY DRESSING
- RUSTIC WHITE BREAD – HÁZI KENYÉR
- BREADED CHICKEN - RÁNTOTT CSIRKE
- FILLET of SOLE IN PARCHMENT
- DEVILLED EGGS - TÖLTÖTT TOJÁS
- ▼ March (32)