2 cups flour
Scant 1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup icing sugar
500 g dry curd cottage cheese (do not substitute)
2/3 cup margarine, softened
1-1/2 cups icing sugar
1 pkg. vanilla sugar
lemon zest, finely grated
1 pkg. Jell-o Instant Pudding mix, Vanilla
milk the Jell-o Instant Pudding mix calls for
• Line an ovenproof rectangular dish with parchment paper.
• Combine the flour, butter, icing sugar and eggs.
• Divide in two parts.
• Roll out the first dough to fit the parchment lined dish.
• Bake at 375F until golden.
• Remove paper and slice pastry into serving size pieces.
• This will be the top. Set aside to cool.
• Put parchment paper back into dish.
• Bake the second pastry.
• Remove parchment paper and put the pastry back into the dish.
• Slice the pastry to correspond to the first pastry.
• This will be the bottom. Set aside to cool.
• In a large bowl place the butter, icing sugar and vanilla sugar.
• Cream until well combined and fluffy.
• Add the lemon zest.
• Place the milk (that your pudding mix calls for) in a blender.
• Add the curd cheese and puree smooth.
• Add the curd cheese mix to the bowl with the margarine mixture.
• Beat to combine.
• Add the vanilla pudding mix.
• Beat until well combined.
• Spread the filling on top of the cooled and sliced pastry layer inside the dish.
• Arrange the first set of pastry on the top.
• Wrap and place in the fridge for overnight. (Do not omit this step)
• Sift the top with icing sugar and slice.