image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

27.10.10

CREAM CHEESE ICING


The trick to making cream cheese icing is to use the cream cheese right out of the refrigerator. Otherwise you end up with a gooey mess; having to add copious amounts of icing sugar and the cake still slip sliding every which way as you try to decorate. So you end up serving the cake in desert cups pretending that you intended to serve it that way. Remember, the butter should be close to room temperature, but the cream cheese has to be cold.

1/4 cup low fat cream cheese, cold
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 tsp pure vanilla
1-1/2 cups icing sugar, sifted

• Quickly beat the cold cream cheese with the softened butter.
• Stir in the vanilla.
• Gradually beat in the icing sugar and beat just until smooth.
  Yields one layer of icing. To decorate a cake, double the recipe.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive