This one is a lighter version of my old cheesecake.
1 cup graham crumbs
1/2 cup almonds, ground
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 tsp almond extract.
2 packs Knox Unflavoured Gelatine
3/4 cup sugar, divided
1 cup boiling water
250 g package of light cream cheese
250 g ricotta cheese
250 ml whipping cream
2 Tbsp grated lemon zest
spring form cake pan
• Line the bottom of the spring form cake pan with parchment paper.
The parchment paper will help with sliding the cake off onto a platter.
Use no larger than a 9 inch cake pan; mine is 7-1/4 inches.
• Combine the crumbs, almonds, butter, and almond extract.
• Press in a spring form pan.
• Freeze for 1/2 hour.
• Crush the dry curd cottage cheese in a food processor. Set aside.
• Add 1 cup boiling water; stir constantly, until gelatine completely dissolves.
• Slowly beat in the dissolved gelatine, remaining sugar, vanilla and the zest.
• Pour mixture on the prepared crust.
• Chill for 6 hours.
• Serve with chocolate chip glaze or with berry sauce.