4 thick slices of pork
salt and pepper to taste
3 + 1 Tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 celery root
1 cup chicken stock
3 Tbsp flour
1-2 tsp French mustard to taste
3/4 cup 14% sour cream
• Dice the onions and set aside.
• Sprinkle the meat with salt and pepper.
• Grate the carrots, parsnips and the celery root in a food processor and set aside.
• Add 1 Tbsp of olive oil to the pan and stir in the diced onions.
• Sauté the onions until they are translucent.
• Add 1 Tbsp sugar to the fry pan and stir in the grated vegetables.
• Add salt and pepper to taste.
• Keep stirring until the vegetables are slightly caramelized, but they must not burn.
• Add the entire content of the fry pan to the pot.
• Add the chicken stock and place pot in the oven at 325F.
• Bake until the meat is very tender.
• Add more chicken stock if needed. Aim for stew consistency.
• When meat is tender, remove pot from the oven.
• With a slotted spoon take out the meat and set it aside.
• Ladle out a cupful of stew into a small bowl.
• Add 3 Tbsp of flour to the bowl and stir to combine.
• Put back the flour-stew mixture to the pot and stir well.
• Add the mustard and sour cream to the pot and stir to combine.
• Adjust the salt and pepper.
• Serve the hunter stew with sliced kitchen towel dumplings.