250 g ground chicken
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1 package wonton wrappers
4 cups chicken broth
1 carrot, matchstick sliced
4 green onions
• Combine first four ingredients.
• Wrap one teaspoon of meat mixture in each wonton wrap.
• Lay out a wrapper and place 1 tsp of meat mixture in the center.
• Dip your finger in water and spread along two edges of each wrapper.
• Fold each in half on the diagonal to form a triangle and press the seams to seal securely.
• Place on a baking sheet.
• Repeat until all the stuffing is used. Refrigerate wontons until needed.
• In a large saucepan, bring the chicken broth to a boil over high heat.
• Add the carrots and cover the pot and turn off the heat.
• At the same time, bring a large soup pot half-full of water to a boil.
• Carefully drop some wontons into the boiling water.
• Make sure the wontons are not crowded.
• When the water returns to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer.
• Cook the wontons until the filling is cooked through in 4-5 minutes.
• With a slotted spoon, transfer the wontons to the chicken broth.
• Cook the rest of the wontons and transfer them to the broth.
• Add the green onions and bring the broth to slow simmer.
• Simmer until the onionst wilt, for about 1 minute.