1 cup graham crumbs
1/2 cup almonds, ground
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 tsp almond extract
2 packs Knox Unflavoured Gelatine
3/4 cup sugar, divided
1 cup boiling water
1-1/2 cups cream cheese*
2 cups ricotta cheese
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 cup whipping cream
2 Tbsp grated lemon zest
spring form cake pan
• Line the bottom of the spring form cake pan with parchment paper.
The parchment paper will help sliding the cake onto a platter.
Use no larger than a 9 inch cake pan; mine is 7-1/4 inches.
• Combine the crumbs, almonds, melted butter, and almond extract.
• Press into a spring form pan.
• Freeze for 1/2 hour.
• In a small bowl combine the gelatine and 1/2 cup of sugar.
• Add 1 cup boiling water; stir constantly, until gelatine completely dissolves.
• In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, and ricotta cheese smooth.
• Add the whipping cream and continue beating.
• Slowly beat in the dissolved gelatine, remaining 1/4 cup sugar, vanilla and the zest.
• Pour mixture over the prepared crust.
• Chill for 6 hours.
• Serve with chocolate chip glaze or with berry sauce.
*1 cup of cream cheese = 8 oz = 225g
Chocolate Chip Glaze:
Place 1 cup of chocolate chips in a cup. Add enough water to come up to the level [almost] of the chocolate chips. Microwave it until melted; stirring at intervals. Put through a sieve. Spoon over cheesecake and chill until chocolate solidifies.
Simmer 1 cup fresh or frozen berries with 3Tbsp sugar until sauce thickens.