2 egg yolks
sprinkling of salt
2 Tbsp sugar
1 pkg. vanilla sugar
1-1/2 cups turó
grated zest of 1 lemon
juice of 1/2 lemon
5 Tbsp farina
2 egg whites
3 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup fine breadcrumbs
• In a medium bowl combine 2 egg yolks, salt, sugar and vanilla sugar.
• Cream the yolk mixture until light and fluffy.
• Add the turó, lemon juice and lemon zest and stir to combine.
• Mix in the farina and set the mixture aside.
• Beat 2 egg whites until stiff peaks form.
• Gradually fold the beaten egg whites into the turó mixture.
• With damp hands form balls and set them aside.
• Put a large pot of salted water on the stove and bring it to boil.
• Meanwhile melt 3 Tbsp butter in a non-stick pan.
• Add the breadcrumbs and gently fry until golden.
• Keep stirring and do not let the breadcrumbs burn.
• Remove pan from the heat and set it aside.
• One by one slide the turó dumplings into the boiling water.
• Reduce heat to medium and cook dumplings until they come to the surface.
• Remove floating dumplings with a slotted spoon and place them on a platter.
• Let them drip for a few seconds before sliding them into the golden fried breadcrumbs.
• Gently shake the pan to coat the dumplings.
• Serve the curd dumplings sprinkled with powdered sugar.
• Add sour cream on the side. Makes 12 to 15 dumplings.