HUNGARIAN CURD CHEESE NOODLES - TÚRÓS CSUSZA
1 batch of noodles
30 g slab bacon, diced
2 Tbsp butter, melted
salt to taste
1-1/2 cups túró
2/3 cup sour cream
• Roll out noodle dough thin.
• But instead of cutting, tear into random pieces.
• Cook the noodles in lightly salted water and drain thoroughly.
• Cook the diced bacon until it loses its fat. (Do not crisp)
• Take out the small cracklings with a slotted spoon and set aside.
• Toss the boiled noodles with 2 Tbsp melted butter.
• Add salt to taste.
• Sprinkle with the fried bacon bits.
• Loosely combine túró with sour cream.
• Divide túró mixture into two parts.
• Combine one part with the buttered pasta.
• Pour the pasta into a buttered ovenproof dish.
• Top pasta with the remaining túró mixture.
• Place in the oven at 350F to heat through.
• Serve immediately.
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. This is to my old on-line friends and visitors: policing the comment section for spam and answering questions has become a chore. Good wishes to you all, happy cooking and keep on feeding your people with good food.
- ► 2014 (93)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- CREPE FILLINGS
- CREPES - PALACSINTA
- HUNGARIAN CURD CHEESE NOODLES - TÚRÓS CSUSZA
- ALMOND THIMBLE COOKIES
- PINCHED NOODLES - CSIPETKE
- PORK PATTIES - FASÍRT
- EGG DUMPLINGS - NOKEDLI
- BEEF PAPRIKA - MARHA PÖRKÖLT
- APRICOT GLAZE
- CURD CHEESE DUMPLINGS - TÚRÓGOMBÓC
- COTTAGE CHEESE CUSTARD SLICES - TÚRÓS KRÉMES
- CHOCOLATE SHORTBREAD
- HOMEMADE VANILLA SUGAR
- LAYERED POTATOES - RAKOTT KRUMPLI
- POZSONY NUT CRESCENTS – POZSONYI KIFLI
- EMPIRE COOKIES
- CUTTING BAR COOKIES
- SEMOLINA SOUP DUMPLINGS – GRÍZNOKEDLI
- HUNGARIAN CURD CHEESE – TÚRÓ
- CLEAR BROTH ASPARAGUS SOUP
- LIGHT BANANA CAKE
- FLUFFY BROWN SUGAR FROSTING
- ROASTED HALF TURKEY
- 100 % WHOLE WHEAT BREAD
- TURKEY DRESSING
- RUSTIC WHITE BREAD – HÁZI KENYÉR
- BREADED CHICKEN - RÁNTOTT CSIRKE
- FILLET of SOLE IN PARCHMENT
- DEVILLED EGGS - TÖLTÖTT TOJÁS
- ▼ March (32)