HUNGARIAN CURD CHEESE NOODLES - TÚRÓS CSUSZA
1 batch of noodles
30 g slab bacon, diced
2 Tbsp butter, melted
salt to taste
1-1/2 cups túró
2/3 cup sour cream
• Roll out noodle dough thin.
• But instead of cutting, tear into random pieces.
• Cook the noodles in lightly salted water and drain thoroughly.
• Cook the diced bacon until it loses its fat. (Do not crisp)
• Take out the small cracklings with a slotted spoon and set aside.
• Toss the boiled noodles with 2 Tbsp melted butter.
• Add salt to taste.
• Sprinkle with the fried bacon bits.
• Loosely combine túró with sour cream.
• Divide túró mixture into two parts.
• Combine one part with the buttered pasta.
• Pour the pasta into a buttered ovenproof dish.
• Top pasta with the remaining túró mixture.
• Place in the oven at 350F to heat through.
• Serve immediately.
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- ► 2014 (96)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- CREPE FILLINGS
- CREPES - PALACSINTA
- HUNGARIAN CURD CHEESE NOODLES - TÚRÓS CSUSZA
- ROUX- RÁNTÁS
- ALMOND THIMBLE COOKIES
- PINCHED NOODLES - CSIPETKE
- PORK PATTIES - FASÍRT
- EGG DUMPLINGS - NOKEDLI
- BEEF PAPRIKA - MARHA PÖRKÖLT
- APRICOT GLAZE
- CURD CHEESE DUMPLINGS - TÚRÓGOMBÓC
- COTTAGE CHEESE CUSTARD SLICES - TÚRÓS KRÉMES
- CHOCOLATE SHORTBREAD
- HOMEMADE VANILLA SUGAR
- LAYERED POTATOES - RAKOTT KRUMPLI
- POZSONY NUT CRESCENTS – POZSONYI KIFLI
- EMPIRE COOKIES
- CUTTING BAR COOKIES
- FARINA SOUP DUMPLINGS - GRÍZ NOKEDLI
- HUNGARIAN CURD CHEESE – TÚRÓ
- CLEAR BROTH ASPARAGUS SOUP
- LIGHT BANANA CAKE
- FLUFFY BROWN SUGAR FROSTING
- ROASTED HALF TURKEY
- 100 % WHOLE WHEAT BREAD
- TURKEY DRESSING
- RUSTIC WHITE BREAD – HÁZI KENYÉR
- BREADED CHICKEN - RÁNTOTT CSIRKE
- FILLET of SOLE IN PARCHMENT
- STUFFED EGGS - TÖLTÖTT TOJÁS
- ▼ March (33)