image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

8.8.12

ICED COFFEE



All I have to say is… move over Starbucks! Depending on the size of your serving glasses, this recipe will make 2-4 servings. One of my glasses could hold 3/4 cup of liquid up to the rim, so I assembled three servings, yes there was one extra, but who’s complaining? The preparation was minimal. Just to see if I could put it together without a blender, I whisked this together in a bowl using a balloon whisk. It was so fast and easy to assemble; I think this would be the perfect after dinner treat for company.

1/2 cup whipping cream
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup chilled chocolate syrup
1 cup very strong cold coffee
1 cup good quality vanilla ice cream [I used vanilla bean Häagen-Dazs]

  • Whip the cream until soft peaks form.
  • Add the sugar and the vanilla extract and beat until stiff peaks form.
  • Place the chocolate syrup and the cold coffee in a blender.
  • Cover and blend on high speed.
    Add the ice cream, cover and blend until smooth.
  • Fill the serving glasses 3/4 way up with the iced coffee.
  • Spoon the whipped cream on the top.
  • Add a straw and serve immediately.

4 comments:

  1. I don't remember the last time I had iced coffee... Maybe ten or fifteen years ago?
    Your beautiful coffee certainly looks better than at S's! No comparison. I wish I could have one now, instead of a dessert...
    By the way, I have recently made up a very refreshing coffee dessert... I must post it next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really should have one it's delicious. I think this recipe is perfect for 4 people. The portion [it was 1/3 of the recipe] was a little too much for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this link on Sissi site. This is a lovely dessert drink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I served this for dessert last night and our company couldn't have been happier. It is very good but I wouldn't want to know the calorie count ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive