2 large Hungarian bell peppers
3 cups of boiling water
salt to taste
3 Tbsp sugar
3 Tbsp 5% white vinegar
2 large ripe tomatoes
• Wash and core the peppers.
• Slice into rings and place in a medium bowl.
• Pour 3 cups of boiling water over the pepper rings and sprinkle with salt.
• Let it cool down to room temperature.
• Pour some of the pepper water into a small bowl and add the sugar and the vinegar.
• Stir to dissolve.
• Add back to the bowl with the peppers.
• Stir to combine.
• Wash and cut the tomatoes into wedges, removing the cores.
• Add the tomatoes to the bowl with the peppers.
• Set the salad aside on the counter for a couple of hours for the flavours to blend.