4 cups chopped potatoes
2 + 1 Tbsp butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup white bread crumbs
2 cups grated old white cheddar
• Peel and chop the potatoes.
• Cook the potatoes until soft.
• Preheat the oven at 375F and generously butter a 9X5 inch oven proof baking dish.
• In a non stick fry pan slowly melt 2 Tbsp butter.
• Add the minced garlic and cook slowly for 1 minute.
• Remove from heat and stir in the chopped parsley and set aside.
• In a bowl combine the breadcrumbs and the grated cheese and set aside.
• Drain the potatoes and mash with a potato masher.
• Season with salt and pepper.
• Add the garlic and parsley mix and the whipping cream and stir to combine.
• Spoon the mashed potatoes into the prepared baking dish.
• Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the top.
• Place in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the cheese melts.
• Serve immediately.