image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

15.3.11

MACARONI AND CHEESE


KD is the epitome of artificiality. This mac and cheese is all good and tastes nothing like KD. I am a bit partial to green things, but you can omit the parsley from the top. Pure homey comfort.

1-1/2 cups elbow macaroni
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 onion, diced
2 Tbsp flour
1 tsp Dijon mustard
salt, pepper, cayenne
1-1/2 cups 2% evaporated milk
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 cup cheddar, shredded
1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
1 Tbsp parsley
1 Tbsp Parmesan, grated

• Cook the macaroni to package direction.
• Drain and set aside.
• Sauté the onions in butter; consistency should be very soft.
• Stir in the flour, mustard, salt, pepper and cayenne.
• Cook and stir for 1 minute.
• Gradually whisk in milk and the cream.
• Bring to boil over medium high heat, whisking constantly.
• Remove from heat, and let cool for 5 minutes, stirring once or twice.
• Stir in the cheddar until sauce is smooth.
• Stir in the macaroni and pour into a buttered 5 cups casserole.
• Combine the breadcrumbs, parsley and Parmesan.
• Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the casserole.
• Bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes until bubbly and golden brown.
 

2 comments:

  1. So this is the famous North American macaroni and cheese... Looks delicious! I will make it one day for my husband (he loves cheese and can eat very fat dishes with no visible consequence).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer it with white cheese, it's really good with white cheddar or gouda - just not Mozzarella.

    ReplyDelete

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive